The Witness Trilogy is a three volume epic fantasy series by Steven Erikson that serves as a sequel to the Malazan Book of the Fallen. It features Karsa Orlong and was for a time unofficially referred to as the Karsa Orlong Trilogy.
Erikson initially planned to write the series after he completed the Kharkanas Trilogy prequel. But in October 2017, Erikson announced that Walk in Shadow, the concluding volume of the Kharkanas series, would be delayed while he instead worked on the first of the Karsa books. This decision was made after he became aware of the unexpectedly low sales of the first two books in the prequel series, Forge of Darkness and Fall of Light.
- In an April 2018 interview, Erikson said the official name for the trilogy was likely to be "The Witness Trilogy", and it would be written very much in the style of the first four books in the main Malazan Book of the Fallen series. The series will initially be set in Darujhistan and feature "a lot of characters we've met before". For preparation, he had to reread and take notes on the first part of House of Chains as well as Toll the Hounds.
- In 2016, Erikson thought the series would probably take place 10 to 12 years after The Crippled God. But in the October 2017 announcement Erikson stated the books would take place 4 to 5 years after The Crippled God.
- Erikson has a list of "survivors" from the Malazan Book of the Fallen series that he plans to consult to decide which will take part in the new trilogy.
- The God is Not Willing (2019)
- Book 2
- Book 3
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Steven Erikson Facebook page
- ↑ TSACast podcast See 50:00
- ↑ Read for Pixels 2016 Interview See 53:45
- ↑ Read for Pixels 2016 Interview See 1:32:40