Tumlit was one of the thousand or so nobles among the refugees in Coltaine's Chain of Dogs and one of the primary representatives on the march's ad hoc Council of Nobles. Unlike the other representatives, he was reasonable about their predicament, often dissenting from the others and willing to work with the army for the greater good. When the army conscripted the nobles' servants Tumlit was the only representative to enquire after their welfare. He was also the only person to observe that something strange was going on with the army's wagons and sappers before the Battle of Sekala Crossing.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 10, US HC p.253-254
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Dramatis Personae, UK MMPB p.19
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 20, US HC p.253-254/276
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 16, US HC p.445
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 20, US HC p.529