The man known as Taxilian was a prisoner of the Tiste Edur who was used as an interpreter when they dealt with Malazans. As he did not wish to divulge his name, Samar Dev referred to him as 'Taxilian' based on his origins which she had deducted from the tattoos on his forearms when she and Karsa Orlong saw him with a raiding party of Edur. He later told her that he had been an architect in Taxila.
- "This, Icarium, is your day."
Taxilian was held as a guest of the Letherii/Edur Empire while the champions awaited their duels with the Emperor. He explored the city and discovered that there seemed to be an ancient pattern in the way the buildings were laid out. The recent collapse of the Rat Temple revealed the pattern to him.Taxilian was present when Icarium walked into the nexus of the ancient structure he had created in Lether.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 16, UK MMPB p.806
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 17, UK MMPB p.856/857
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 17, UK MMPB p.856
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Bonehunters, Chapter 17
- ↑ Reaper's Gale, Chapter 8
- ↑ Reaper's Gale, Chapter 24
- ↑ Dust of Dreams, Prologue, US HC p.32