Formerly an Adjutant to Cartheron Crust, red-bearded FalariStormy was a marine in the Malazan Coastal Guard, and later in the Bonehunters. He had originally been a member of the Malaz 1st Army under the Old Guard before Laseen 's restructuring of the military. Along with Gesler, he was one of the last members of that army's Boar Cult. He and Gesler had been friends since they were young.
Stormy and the crew of the Ripath were attacked in their homeport during the Seven Cities rebellion (the Whirlwind). Aided by Duiker and cadre mage Kulp they fought their way to their ship and retreated by sea. With Hissar burning and no obvious safe harbour nearby, Corporal Gesler followed Kulp's orders to travel to Otataral Island to pick up historian Heboric Light Touch. Accompanying him were Stormy and Truth.
After rescuing the historian and his companions Felisin Paran and Baudin, they travelled into the Nascent where they commandeered the abandoned vessel Silanda. There they were confronted by a Logros T'lan Imass hunting party. The clanless warrior Legana Breed gave Stormy his grey flint sword before sacrificing himself to seal a rent between the warrens.
The Silanda was briefly pulled through a Warren where he, Gesler, and Truth were exposed to magic causing them to begin their transformation into Ascendants. Their skin took on a bronze hue becoming as strong as stone, and their strength and endurance rose to well above normal.
By coincidence, the Silanda met Fist Coltaine and his Chain of Dogs at Vathar Crossing. The ship's crew joined Coltaine's army and took many of the 7th Army's wounded to Aren, arriving only after the battle ended below its walls. He, Gesler, and Truth rescued Bent and Roach from the site of the Fall before locating Duiker's body among the crucified prisoners along Aren Way.
Stormy and his tent-mate Gesler were abducted from the Bonehunter army camp by a Shi'Gal assassin. The K'Chain Che'Malle installed Stormy as their Shield Anvil. He subsequently helped command the K'Chain Che'Malle in battle against the K'Chain Nah'ruk and with the additional help of Sinn and Grub, they defeated the Nah'ruk.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 16, UK MMPB p.671
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 15, UK MMPB p.639
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Dramatis Personae, UK MMPB p.18
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 6, US HC p.157
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 16, US HC p.429
- ↑ The Crippled God, Chapter 3, UK HC p. 74
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 22, UK MMPB p.862
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 8, US HC p.206
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 6
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 8
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 9, US HC p.241-245
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 11
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 20, US HC p.424/427/429-430
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 24, US HC p.590-592
- ↑ Reaper's Gale, Chapter 22, BCA edition p.734
- ↑ The Crippled God, Chapter 23, UK HB p.779/780