"Smiley's" was an infamous tavern in the Docks Quarter of Malaz City, Malaz Island, formerly owned in partnership by Dancer and Kellanved. Surly used to work as a barmaid there. Banaschar described it as "where rats go to die", while the sailors of the Ragstopper all agreed that the food was truly awful. Inside, "Smiley's" was very dark and gloomy, lit only by some tallow candles (provided by the local wax witches, who frequented the bar), set out on blackened tables.
Sergeant Hellian forced Banaschar (by putting him 'under arrest') into "Smiley's" for a round (or three) of drinks before taking him back to the ships of the Malazan 14th Army, which were anchored in the harbour of Malaz City.
The proprietor of the tavern was described as "...a pike-thin Dal Honese of indeterminate age, each eye looking in a different direction...as he smiled unctuously..." - who also happened to be a well-disguised Kenryll'ah demon.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 22, US HC p.709
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 20, US HC p.514
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 22, US HC p.710
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 23, US HC p.576
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 22, US HC p.707-709
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 22, US HC p.710-711
- ↑ The Crippled God, Epilogue 2, US HC p.906-907