According to Clip, their history of Anomander Rake told them that Silanah emerged alongside Rake after he had gone into Kurald Emurlahn after its sundering, when he and Kilmandaros had fashioned an alliance and sealed Emurlahn's gate.
When the Malazan Empire freed the Jaghut Tyrant Raest from his barrow to challenge Anomander Rake, the Son of Darkness asked Silanah to help delay the Tyrant's march on Darujhistan. She was supported by four Tiste Andii Soletaken in the form of black dragons. Silanah was badly injured by Raest in the process, but he spared her life.
Anomander Rake and Caladan Brood allied with renegade Malazan High Fist Dujek Onearm to battle the Pannion Domin. As the allied armies made their way east towards Capustan, Rake left Brood's camp, telling Korlat he felt the need for Silanah's comfort. He said he would return in a short while.
Later, after the Pannion Domin's defeat at the Battle of Black Coral, the Soletaken Eleint Orfantal mentioned that Silanah was in the air above the battlefield. She likely had been aboard Moon's Spawn as it lay in wait below the waters of Ortnal's Cut before the battle.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Dramatis Personae, UK MMPB p.xv
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 22, US HC p.441-442
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 20, US HC p.416
- ↑ Toll the Hounds, Chapter 6
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 22
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 22, US MMPB p.592
- ↑ Memories of Ice, Chapter 8, US SFBC p.308
- ↑ Memories of Ice, Chapter 25, US SFBC p.946