- "Clever beats nasty every time."
Shard was stationed with the Ashok Regiment under Captain Kindly in Silver Lake on Genabackis. He, Cord, and others in their squad were under house arrest for drunkeness when Karsa Orlong attacked their garrison. The mage, Ebron, armed Shard and the other squad members and they were able to capture the rampaging Teblor. Shard recommended they kill the warrior who had slain many of their fellows.
Shard was amongst those under siege in the ancient cliff-side fortress of B'ridys by Irriz and his Seven Cities renegades. From his reaction, probably unbeknown to Shard, his half-sister Sinn was outside the fortress. She and the recently arrived Kalam Mekhar both pretended to Irriz that they would help him however secretly took steps to help those inside the fortress. When they made contact with the besieged, Kalam gave Sinn into their care whilst wiping out the renegades with the help of an Azalan demon. Upon entering the fortress, Kalam observed Sinn with her arms wrapped around her half-brother. Cord had been in charge since Kindly and Pores had disappeared and now put Kalam in charge of his old squad, with seniority over Shard. This arrangement did not last long as the Bridgeburner pulled rank on Cord.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ House of Chains, Dramatis Personae
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 9, UK MMPB p.431
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 9, UK MMPB p.430
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 2, US SFBC p.133-136
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 9, UK MMPB p.422-431
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 12, UK MMPB p.536
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 7, UK MMPB p.447
- ↑ Reaper's Gale, Dramatis Personae, UK BCA edition p.xvi