Pella was a young Malazan soldier garrisoned at Skullcup, an Otataral mining camp.
Pella worked at the behest of Duiker to help the slaves Baudin, Heboric, and Felisin Paran escape the camp on the night of the Whirlwind uprising. He stayed behind to help the other soldiers defend against Captain Gunnip's mutinous Dosin Pali guards.
Some of the few to escape the rebellion at Skullcup, Pella and some fellow soldiers made their way to Dosin Pali over four nights. A Malazan trader ship took them eventually on to Aren. 
Pella was then integrated into the Malaz 14th Army where he was part of Gesler's 5th squad, 9th Company in the Bonehunters.
He died during the assault on Y'Ghatan, when he took a crossbow bolt to his forehead.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Dramatis Personae, UK MMPB p.17
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 6, US HC p.145
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 8, UK MMPB p.400
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 8, UK MMPB p.395/397
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 7, UK MMPB p.361/362
- List of abbreviations • Paginations • How to reference an article