The Pannion Domin was an emerging empire in south-east Genabackis, founded in 1160 BS and ruled by the Pannion Seer. It was once a colony of the Genostel Archipelago. It was known for its unbridled cruelty to its populace, purposely starving them to mould the inhabitants into a savage fighting force. It was also supported by undead K'Chain Che'Malle K'ell hunters.
The Pannion MilitaryEdit
- Pannion Seer: the political and spiritual leader of the Domin
- Septarch: ruler of one of seven districts in Domin (also commands armies)
- Urdo: commander of elite heavy infantry (Urdomen)
- Urdomen: elite heavy infantry, fanatical followers of the Seer
- Seerdomin: fanatical bodyguard and assassin sect of the Domin
- Betaklites: medium infantry
- Beklites: regular infantry (also known as the Hundred Thousand)
- Betrullid: light cavalry
- Betakullid: medium cavalry
- Scalandi: skirmishers
- Desandi: sappers
- Tenescowri: the peasant army
The land which was controlled by the Pannion Domin was the more densely populated south-east area of Genabackis. Places of note under Pannion control by the 1160th year of Burn's Sleep included:
The Lost CitiesEdit
Although only Lest, Setta, and Maurik were known as the empty cities, because of the destruction and the cleansing the Pannion Domin brought and because of their proximity to the Free Cities, the tales of their fates had reached cities like Capustan, Saltoan, and even as far as Callows.
The Pannion Domin laid siege to the city of Capustan, eventually defeating the majority of the forces within and occupying it. The force in Capustan was later defeated by the clans of Barghast led by Trotts of the Bridgeburners.
The combined forces of the Tiste Andii, the renegade Malazan army called Onearm's Host, the Barghast, the ragtag forces of Caladan Brood, a clan of T'lan Imass led by Silverfox, the remains of the Grey Swords, and a motley crew assembled under Gruntle successfully attacked and defeated the remaining Pannion forces at Coral. They were unknowingly supported by Lady Envy and her travelling companions, Mok, Thurule, Senu, Baaljagg, Garath, and Tool who attacked from the south. The defeat of the Domin led to major losses, most notably the almost complete eradication of the Bridgeburners and the death of Whiskeyjack at Coral.