Omtose Phellack was the Warren (Elder Warren) of the Jaghut, affiliated with the Ice Hold. It was a cold and almost airless realm with steep jagged walls of ice emitting a blue-green light. Its power had been weakened and damaged by countless T'lan Imass breaches over the millennia, and whenever it was unveiled those implacable undead warriors were aware and tracked it to its source.
Omtose Phellack was said to bring the cold required to temper the fire and heat of life.
At the end of the Pannion War, Quick Ben brought the Pannion Seer to Burn's underground realm where the Seer unveiled Omtose Phellack to fight the Crippled God's infection. This became the final manifestation of Omtose Phellack in the Malazan world. Burn's servant, the Witch of Tennes, warned the Bonecaster Kilava Onass that she was not to reveal its existence to the T'lan Imass.
Omtose Phellack was a place in the Odhan of the Jaghut and referred to as the Empty City. It had once been a great city of the Jaghut until the Lord of Hate had convinced his race to dissolve their civilisation and retire to solitary existences. It was the location of the Tower of Hate. Haut talked about awakening the sorcery of Omtose Phellack.
Notable Users (other than Jaghut)Edit
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Glossary, UK MMPB p.707
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Memories of Ice, Chapter 8
- ↑ Memories of Ice/Chapter 25, US SFBC p.964
- ↑ Reaper's Gale, Glossary
- ↑ Memories of Ice/Chapter 25, US SFBC p.968
- ↑ Forge of Darkness, Chapter 1, UK PB p.42
- ↑ Forge of Darkness, Chapter 3, UK HC p.55
- ↑ Forge of Darkness, Chapter 3, UK PB p.106