Molk was one of Amaron's intelligence agents on Quon Tali. He was a rumpled, greasy looking fellow with a tangle of unruly black hair. He wore a dirty quilted jacket with mud-spattered trousers and sandals.
Molk showed himself to have quite a dark sense of humour and seemed to have a habit of disappearing for long periods of time.
Amaron assigned Molk to guard Ghelel Rhik Tayliin, the noble ostensibly leading the Talian League in the Malazan civil war. Once the army reached Li Heng he spirited her south of the Idryn river in disguise to the camp of the Marchland Sentries who would serve as her bodyguard.
When the war was lost, he rescued Ghelel from an unwanted union with Marquis Jhardin, also revealing that he was a mage. He gave Ghelel the choice to lead her own life, in which he would let her leave to wherever she wanted, or continue challenging for her right as the ruler of Quon Tali. The two then fled, but were attacked by two mages. Despite being injured by a Crossbow bolt, Molk fought them, and bought some time for Ghelel to escape, losing his life in the process.
- Ghelel: "What do you want?"
- Molk: "Thought you'd be pleased. Time to slip away. You do want to leave all this behind, don't you?"
- Ghelel: "Well, yes. I do. Just not with you."
- Molk: "Well, life's just one vile chore after another, isn't it? Least that's what I think."
- Ghelel (to self) : "What was that supposed to mean?"
- ―When Molk arrived to take Duchess Ghelel Rhik Tayliin to Li Heng[src]
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Return of the Crimson Guard, Book 2 Chapter 1, US HC p.245/251
- ↑ Return of the Crimson Guard, Book 2 Chapter 1, US HC p.245
- ↑ Return of the Crimson Guard, Book 2 Chapter 1, US HC p.257-258
- ↑ Return of the Crimson Guard, Book 2 Chapter 6