Mara was an Avowed mage in the First Company of the Crimson Guard and was part of Skinner's bodyguard of mages. She was a Dal Hon woman with curly black hair which hung in thick strands and covered her shoulders.
At the end of the Diaspora she returned to Fortress Haven on Stratem with Skinner. She participated in Skinner's attempt to seize control of the Guard from K'azz D'Avore, attempting to track down and murder Kyle because he had witnessed Skinner and Cowl's treachery. Kyle was saved when the Lost brothers, Stalker, Badlands, and Coots questioned Mara's motives, and drove her off.
Afterwards, the reunited Guard under command of Skinner invaded Unta, the Malazan imperial capital, before moving deeper into Quon Tali and fighting at the Battle of the Plains near Li Heng. There, Mara fought alongside Skinner as one of his guard of Avowed mages.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Return of the Crimson Guard, Book 1 Chapter 4, UK PB p.189
- ↑ Return of the Crimson Guard, Book 1 Chapter 4, UK PB p.193
- ↑ Return of the Crimson Guard, Book 1 Chapter 4, UK PB p.194
- ↑ Return of the Crimson Guard, Book 3 Chapter 1, UK PB p.572
- ↑ Blood and Bone, Dramatis Personae
- ↑ Stonewielder, Chapter 12, UK TPB p.618
- ↑ Assail (novel), Chapter 2