L'oric had a thin face, long, pale loose hair, and a haughty manner. He wore layered green robes.
When Felisin Paran journeyed to Raraku's heart to become the Sha'ik Reborn, she was met by her three high mages, L'oric, Bidithal, and Febryl. Felisin saw in Sha'ik's memories that L'oric was the most reliable of the three, but also faithless. His decision to serve was based on pragmatism. As a result, the seer saw her every decision judged and weighed in L'oric's eyes. He was the most formidable and mysterious of her followers, and his weave of sorcery about himself left his thoughts unknown to her. Even so, he knelt before the Sha'ik Reborn like the others.
He journeyed with the army of the Apocalypse to Balahn to visit Korbolo Dom near the site of his victory over the Malaz 7th Army. Like the other high mages he was appalled by the scope of the horror.
Loric's first familiar (or at least the first mentioned) masqueraded as Osseric among the Liosan in Kurald Thyrllan, but was killed by a group of T'lan Imass leaving the warren unprotected. He then turned to the Queen of Dreams for help.
Later, he attempted to travel through the Warren of Tellann by entering a fissure in the rock into which Karsa Orlong had carved the likenesses of the Faces in the Rock. Instead, he found himself in an alternate time (or "Raraku's memory") where he was cornered by the Deragoth. Just when he thought the game was up, he was found by his father. It was at the edge of this "memory" that L'oric came upon several dying demons. He chose one and made a bargain with it. That demon became his replacement familiar, Greyfrog.
L'oric first appeared in the palace of Y'Ghatan after being summoned by the Queen of Dreams to join Leoman of the Flails. The Queen of Dreams had someone in mind to replace Sha'ik as Felisin was dead, and asked L'oric to keep that person safe until they could take their place. L'oric agreed. L'oric then entered a portal with Leoman and Captain Dunsparrow, leaving Corabb Bhilan Thenu'alas behind.
L'oric later appeared in the small village where Cutter and Scillara were taken and nursed back to health after being attacked in the desert by some T'lan Imass on their way to Otataral Island with Heboric Ghost Hands and Felisin Younger.
L'oric was with Commander Jayashul and the Army of Light to investigate the Chaos Whorl created by Yathengar in Kurald Emurlahn. He was away from camp when Shadow travelers Kiska, Jheval, and Warran stumbled upon the army's encampment, but arrived during a dinner hosted by Jayashul. Stunned to recognize Jheval as Leoman of the Flails, he ordered the trio arrested.
L'oric was the son of Osseric (or Osric) with an unnamed, though presumably powerful, Ascendant mother. Jayashul was his sister or half-sister through Osseric.
- "This man should speak of arrogance! It marches emblazoned across his face completely unbeknownst to him."
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ House of Chains, Dramatis Personae, UK MMPB
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Dramatis Personae, UK MMPB p.19
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 12, UK MMPB p.603
- ↑ Stonewielder, Chapter 10, UK TPB p.522
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 18, US HC p.480-481
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 24, US HC p.585
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 13, US TPB p.380
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 13, US TPB p.381-382
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 21, US TPB p.531-533
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 21, US TPB p.533-534
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 21, US TPB p.536-538
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 21, US TPB p.546-547
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 12, UK MMPB p.602-609
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 14, UK MMPB p.674-680, 686-690
- ↑ Stonewielder, Chapter 10, UK TPB p.522-523
- ↑ Stonewielder, Epilogue, UK TPB p.629