|Appearance||Obese, with curly, oily hair|
Kruppe was a regular at the Phoenix Inn in Darujhistan. He was described as a small, round (obese, according to Rallick Nom) man with short, oily, curly hair. He had pencil-thin eyebrows. In Orb Sceptre Throne Kruppe was described as being squat, rotund and so short he could barely see over Baruk's high table and his eyes were depicted as watery, bulging and frog-like, blinking innocently.
Kruppe was known to exhibit mysterious powers, had the ability to read the Deck of Dragons and had a natural gift for prophecy. He refused to ride a horse, preferring his mule. He had an abiding love of pastries.
Kruppe indulged in long, often rambling, monologues where he had a habit of referring to himself in the third person
Kruppe had numerous dreams where he encountered and formed a relationship with the Elder God K'rul . This later resulted in the Rhivi child Silverfox being birthed by the Mhybe in one of his dreams. He was revealed to be "the Eel", a mysterious person with several agents in this employement such as Circle Breaker.
Kruppe manipulated his way into accompanying the renegade Onearm's Host and their allies to wage war on the Pannion Domin. Along the way, he encountered Hetan with whom he developed an attraction after numerous romantic encounters.
Kruppe and Iskaral Pust participated in a mounted mule charge in a fight against one another. Kruppe inadvertently punched Pust in the nose and the masses of Kruppe, Pust, Mogora (as spiders) and the bhokarala end up in a riving mess upon the floor.
In The Crippled God Edit
Kruppe made a brief appearance as Torrent traveled through a warren with Olar Ethil and Hetan's children. The Awl warrior found Kruppe sitting at his characteristic campsite within his dreams, gorging on sweets and wine. To protect his children, Kruppe gave the Awl a Rhivi bow and arrows, which the warrior ultimately used to slay Olar Ethil.
- "That small, round man hides obsidian edges beneath his surfeit of flesh. Who would have thought?"
- ―On Kruppe, from a dream of the Mhybe
- "Eggs have been laid and schemes have hatched! One particularly large shell is about to be broken, and will have been broken by the time you arrive, which means it is as good as broken right now so what are you waiting for? In fact, foolish man, you are already too late, or will be, by then, and if not then, then soon, in the imminent sense of the word."
- ―Kruppe, urging Ganoes Paran to go to Seven Cities
Notes and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Dramatis Personae, UK MMPB p. xiii
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 6, UK MMPB p.218
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 5, UK MMPB p.171-176
- ↑ Orb Sceptre Throne, Prologue, UK PB p.25
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 5, UK MMPB p.171-176
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 5, UK MMPB p.171-177