Ganath was a Jaghut sorceress. She was tall and gaunt with greyish-green skin and long black hair worn in a single braid that came down to her waist. Her tusks were described as sheathed with well-tarnished silver (which made them appear black) and her eyes as being amber in colour with vertical pupils beneath a heavy brow.
Ganath invoked Omtose Phellack, the Jaghut Warren of Ice, in a ritual to seal a K'Chain Nah'ruk Skykeep on the continent that would come to be known as Seven Cities. Being angry and weary of the paths that the K'Chain Che'Malle (i.e., the 'Long-Tails') employed to establish colonies on every continent, she unleashed the ritual with no concern for the civil war between them and the K'Chain Nah'ruk (i.e., the 'Short-Tails').
Ganath's ritual was eventually shattered because of Otataral and the blood of the slain dragon, Sorrit. Awakened by this, she broke out of the barrow in which she had been imprisoned, destroying the T'lan Imass standing guard. At the barrow entrance, she encountered Ganoes Paran, whom she decided to accompany.
Ganath accompanied Ganoes Paran, and the spirit of the dead Hedge to a Trygalle Trade Guild caravan led by Karpolan Demesand and then travelled with the Trygalle Guild into an extremely ancient Jaghut underworld realm - entering via Verdith'anath (aka the 'Bridge of Death'). She survived this journey and parted ways with Paran, heading for the site of her ritual. She discovered the cause of the shattering, but (just after wishing for the company of her fellow Jaghuts - Cynnigig and Phyrlis - because she felt strangely vulnerable) was ambushed and slain by K'Chain Nah'ruk.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 8, US HC p.305
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 4, US HC p.127
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 13, US HC p.413-414
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 6, US HC p.191
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 4, US HC p.138
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 6, US HC p.190-191
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 16, US HC p.521
- ↑ Dust of Dreams, Prologue, US HC p.33
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 8, US HC p.305-306
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 8, US HC p.321
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 10, US HC p.350-362
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 11, US HC p.371-381
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 16, US HC p.521-522