The Lord of the Galayn was a demon in the service of Tayschrenn. It was one of the largest Galayn demons and was described as being a twelve-foot-tall creature with hunched shoulders wrapped in a glittering cape with a high cowl. It carried a two-bladed axe which was slung in a wide dragon-hide belt, with a handle as long as a man was tall. In combat the axe burst into blue flame, flaring with a bright cascading white light when it made contact. It had a wide, squat face with two slitted eyes and long, curved canines.
The Galayn Lord was given to Adjunct Lorn, who released it onto the streets of Darujhistan during the Gedderone Fête to confront Rake. The two soletaken fought in dragon form before Rake drove Galayn to the street outside Baruk's Estate. The demon then drew its axe and asked Rake to accept Empress Laseen's mercy and withdraw. Rake refused and killed the demon with Dragnipur, imprisoning its soul.
To the Mother's regret was Light granted birth. To her dismay...she saw too late...its corruption. Galayn...you are the unintended victim...to punishment...long overdue.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 23, Tor MMPB p.631
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 24, US HC p.475
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 23, Tor MMPB p.636
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 23, UK MMPB p.673-675, 680
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 24, UK MMPB p.682-685
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 24, US HC p.476