The Grey Swords were a mercenary cult sworn to his name.
Heboric, shorn former follower of Fener, escaped from the Skullcup Otataral mine with Felisin Paran and Baudin. Along their journey in the desert, he came into contact with a mysterious giant jade statue. After touching it with the stump of one of his missing hands he experienced a strange fusion of holy and otataral powers. He attempted to commune with his god by ritualistically touching the tainted stump to the sacred mark on his chest. This had the unexpected result of dragging Fener unwillingly into the plane of humanity where he became mortal and vulnerable.
Fener manifested as a huge boar made of dark clouds during the Battle of the Spire having been called by Gesler and Stormy repeatedly invoking his name. He was killed when Karsa Orlong walked into Fener's temple in Darujhistan and shattered a tusk. Fener's blood rained down upon the battle giving the T'lan Imass under Onos T'oolan and The Fourteen Undead Jaghut their mortality once again.
It was later implied that Fener chose this as we are told that "Even gods tire of war, while mortals do not".
- Heboric Light Touch was an exiled historian and ex-priest of Fener. His hands had been ritually severed as part of his excommunication. This meant the tattoos he sported as part of his priesthood could no longer be activated to open a Warren. The ritual should have been the expression of purest justice, but in this case, it was not. His hands had been sent to Fener's hooves to await his death and his elevation to a position of Fener's wrath. Because the ritual was flawed, however, his hands were as poison to the god and were sealed until his spirit could come and collect them.
- Gesler and Stormy were part of the Boar Company of the disbanded First Army and followers of the cult of Fener. They recruited Truth to the cult.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Glossary, UK MMPB p.706
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 7, US HC p.185
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 20, US HC p.402
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 23, US HC p.465
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 5, US HC p.134
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 7, US HC p.187-189
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 14, US HC p.372
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 6