Ebron was born in Karakarang. He was originally a squad mage for the 5th squad, 2nd Company of the Ashok Regiment. He was later incorporated into the 7th Squad, 8th Legion, 9th Company of the Bonehunters.
Ebron was stationed with the Ashok Regiment under Captain Kindly in Silver Lake on Genabackis. When the rampaging Teblor, Karsa Orlong, attacked his garrison, Ebron released and armed Sergeant Cord and others in their squad who were under house arrest for drunkeness. It was Ebron's "fire net" which finally brought down Karsa, allowing the regiment to take him prisoner. The net was apparently a reshaping of a Ruse spell normally used to stun and capture enormous dhenrabi, and Ebron "near wet my pants" when Karsa largely shrugged off the nastiest spell he had.
The Ashok Regiment returned to Seven Cities in time to be caught up in the Whirlwind rebellion. Fifty-one soldiers of the 2nd Company barricaded themselves inside the cliffside fortress B'ridys where they were besieged by the renegade Irriz and over 500 rebels.
Kalam Mekhar broke the siege and suggested the regiment join Adjunct Tavore Paran's Malaz 14th Army, which was marching toward Raraku. In the aftermath of the Battle of Raraku, the regiment's 16 survivors ambushed and slew the sorceress, Fayelle, and a small band of Dogslayers. Ebron used his magic to fill their horses' spirits with fire as they fled the onrushing waters that flooded Raraku.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 12, UK MMPB p.539
- ↑ House of Chains, Dramatis Personae
- ↑ Reaper's Gale, Dramatis Personae, UK BCA edition p.xvi
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 2, US SFBC p.137
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 2, US SFBC p.133-136
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 9, US SFBC p.349-351/361
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 26, US SFBC p.842-844
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 7, UK MMPB p.447
- ↑ Dust of Dreams, Chapter 23, UK HB p.841