Telorast and Curdle (or Kerudas Karosias) were ghosts imprisoned in a fragment of Kurald Emurlahn. Talk between the two suggested that they had been sent by Edgewalker but they never elaborated exactly why. Cotillion said that they were "agents of Edgewalker". Telorast and Curdle always appeared together.
Apsalar freed the two ghosts who conversed with her in the language of the Tiste Andii.. Telorast and Curdle went on to accompany Apsalar on her travels. They took the opportunity to gain bodies when Apsalar visited Urko. His fossil collection included the skeletal bones of two small dinosaur-like, bipedal reptiles which the two shades proceeded to possess. As the animation of the skeletons gave Urko new insight into the posture and movement of those reptiles, he agreed that they could keep them as a reward.
As Fiddler conducted a reading of the Deck of Dragons in Letheras, Telorast and Curdle veered into two Elder Eleint, destroying a tavern in the city. Much later, they encountered Torrent and Olar Ethil, swearing their allegiance to the former after the latter told them she had no need of the two.
Telorast and Curdle followed Torrent and Olar Ethil, rarely making a sound in the presence of the two. During the climax of the novel, as the Otataral Dragon descended to the earth, the two were able to shift into the form of two elder dragons, joining Silchas Ruin in defending the great dragon against the other Eleint. The two were not heard from again in the aftermath of the battle.
At some point after they entered Kurald Galain Telorast assumed the form of an attractive Tiste woman and went to the Warden's winter fort where she had a brief conversation with Spinnock Durav and Calat Hustain,
Curdle stayed at the Vitr close to the Gate where she met the Thel Akai warrior Kanyn Thrall and Ardata. She was later joined by Telorast. They were both there when Osserc and Scabandari arrived at the Rent.
- "The creature named Telorast had crept closer to Olar Ethil, almost on all fours. ‘Servitude! As my sister said. Not a real lie. Just a . . . a . . . a temporary truth!'"
- ―Telorast, fawning before Olar Ethil
- "This isn’t good. A stranger lives here. Must be a stranger, since we’ve never met. And if not a stranger then somebody I know, which would be even worse—"
- ―Telorast to Apsalar
Notes and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 1, UK MMPB p.59-61
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 1, UK MMPB p.80
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 3
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 1, UK MMPB p.59
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 4, UK MMPB p.207
- ↑ Dust of Dreams, Chapter 3
- ↑ Dust of Dreams, Chapter 21