Challice D'Arle was the youngest daughter of Nobleman Estraysian D'Arle in Darujhistan. At the time of Gardens of the Moon she was courted by many suitors, and tales of the rich gifts she was receiving made the rounds.
Crokus Younghand stole the content of Challice's jewel box from her bedroom whilst she was asleep. The young thief became infatuated with the thought of her and decided to return the jewels. He also considered to become well-read and to be presented to the young woman as a gentleman and suitor. Challice woke up whilst Crokus returned the jewels but she did not call the guards. That and the brief conversation they had further strengthened Crokus in his feelings for her.
Crokus ran into Challice again at Lady Simtal's Gedderone Fête. She momentarily mistook him for Gorlas Vidikas, a handsome young nobleman. Challice rebuffed Crokus' affections in favour of Gorlas, who later rescued her from the destruction caused by the Jaghut Tyrant Raest's attack on the city.
At the meeting between Caladan Brood, Dujek Onearm, and representatives of the Darujhistan Noble Council, Kruppe enquired Estraysian D'Arle about the status of his daughter's marriage to the hero of the fete. Estraysian responded that the wedding had not yet taken place.
Crokus (aka Cutter) met Challice again after his prolonged absence from Darujhistan. Kruppe revealed that she had married and was now the lady wife of Gorlas. She was, however, disappointed in her marriage and later took Cutter as her lover.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 5, UK MMPB p.179
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Dramatis Personae, UK MMPB p.xiv
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 5, UK MMPB p.184
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 7, UK MMPB p.235/240
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 11, UK MMPB p.369
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 13, UK MMPB p.419/422
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 21, US HC p.437-438
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 24, US HC p.484
- ↑ Memories of Ice, Chapter 5
- ↑ Toll the Hounds, Chapter 3
- ↑ Toll the Hounds, Chapter 11
- ↑ Toll the Hounds, Chapter 23