- Bone Perch - Togg and Fanderay "Bone Perch now stands as a throne that none shall occupy, for its shape has become inimical to taming. The Hold of the Beast has found twin rulers"
- Elder - "I see the Elder, still faceless, still blind."
- Crone - "And Crone, who measures the cost in the scrawling passage of behemoths."
- Seer - "Seer, who speaks to the indifferent."
- Shaman - "I see Shaman, seeking truths among the dead."
- Hunter - "And Hunter, who lives in the moment and thinks nothing of the consequences of slaughter."
- Tracker - "And Tracker, who sees the signs of the unknown, and walks the endless paths of tragedy."
Ganoes Paran visited the seemingly abandoned Hold of the Beasts as Master of the Deck. The knowledge appeared in his mind that the Hold was the T'lan Imass spirit world from when they were still flesh and blood Imass before the Ritual of Tellann. The Warren of Tellann was created as a physical manifestation of the ritual and the Beast Hold was abandoned and lost to its makers.
Within the Hold he discovered a strange hut surrounded by a ring of skulls from plant eating animals. The hut was long and humped and built with a framework of huge bones and long tusks covered by thick umber fur-skins. Strips of meat hung from a smouldering hearth before the hut's entrance which was framed with the skulls of carnivores. Inside the hut were two squat thrones made of bones set atop a dais built of Imass skulls. The Hold smelled of mud and wet fur.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Memories of Ice, Chapter 5, US SFBC p.194-195
- ↑ Memories of Ice, Chapter 25, US SFBC p.956/972
|Deck of Dragons and Tiles of the Holds|
|Cards||High House Chains • High House Dark • High House Death • High House Life • High House Light • High House Shadow • High House War • Unaligned|
|Tiles||Azath Hold • Beast Hold • Dragon Hold • Empty Hold • Ice Hold • Fulcra|