Balm was a sergeant in the 9th Squad of the Malaz 14th Army. He was described as a tall, young, wide-shouldered Dal Honese, with dark skin and heavy eyebrows. Fiddler had been impressed by Balm's cool indifference to pressure although, Balm suffered from confusion when going into battle which caused him to forget everything.
Balm was amongst those who escaped from the Last Siege of Y'Ghatan by tunneling their way out from under the city. During the escape, in a drug induced slumber which seemed to prompt everyone to dream of their past and of various gods and goddesses of their people, Balm dreamt of himself meeting a menagerie of Dal Honese deities. In the dream, Balm thought of himself as a lapsed warlock who ran away from home to escape herding cattle, hunting monstrous beasts and drinking bull blood and cow milk.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 22, UK MMPB p.846
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 7, UK MMPB p. 447
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 7, US HC p.285-289
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 7, US HC p.285-286
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 7, US HC p.286
- ↑ The Crippled God, Chapter 4, UK HB p.102