The Ashok Regiment was part of the Malazan Army. As they were all veterans and natives of Seven Cities, they were not initially trusted by Empress Laseen and so were stationed on Genabackis. They spent time in Genabaris before being assigned to hunt bandits and slavers in the continent's northern wilderness, far from the "action".
2nd Company Edit
- Captain Kindly
- Lieutenant Pores
- 5th squad:
- unknown squad - Crump
The only known soldier of the 3rd Company was Corporal Irriz, who became a renegade.
Later, the regiment was sent back to Seven Cities, probably to Ehrlitan where the city's Fist awaited them. During the Whirlwind rebellion, fifty-one 2nd Company soldiers barricaded themselves inside the cliffside fortress, B'ridys. Corporal Irriz from 3rd Company joined the enemy and turned against 2nd Company besieging the fortress with over 500 rebels. Investigating a well in the fortress, Kindly and Pores disappeared and were assumed dead by drowning.
Kalam Mekhar broke the siege with the aid of an Azalan demon and suggested the regiment join Adjunct Tavore Paran's Malaz 14th Army, which was marching toward Raraku. In the aftermath of the Battle of Raraku, Fist Tene Baralta's soldiers discovered a haggard Kindly and Pores clad in rags. They had been captured by Dogslayers and brought to Raraku before being freed by Bridgeburner ghosts.
Outside the oasis, the regiment's 16 survivors ambushed and slew the sorceress, Fayelle, and a small band of Dogslayers. Then they had to flee for their lives ahead of the onrushing waters that flooded Raraku.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 House of Chains, Chapter 3, US SFBC p.143-144
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 9, US SFBC p.350
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 2, US SFBC p.133-136
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 4, US SFBC p.207
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 9, US SFBC p.349-351/361
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 9, US SFBC p.360
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 23, US SFBC p.738
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 26, US SFBC p.833-834
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 26, US SFBC p.842-844
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 18, US SFBC p.612